About the Program
Diploma in Legal Secretary denotes a programme which is based on secretarial, office administration and law areas. The course is designed to shape the students to become a skillful and proficient secretary or assistant within the legal environment, in order to generate an efficient operation of a legal office.
The students will be trained to do numerous jobs that require a comprehensive knowledge about procedural law, legal terminologies as well as various aspects of law e.g. criminal law, wills& probates, family law, land law and Malaysian legal system. As a legal secretary, the students will also be furnished with the knowledge concerning the correspondences and legal documents such as summons, witness statements, and other related procedures under the supervision of lawyers or paralegals. The student may be needed to read cases, law journals, etc.
- Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least three (3) credits in any subjects and pass in English Language; OR
- Pass O-level with at least Grade C in three (3) subjects; OR
- Any equivalent qualifications recognized by Malaysian Government
- Legal secretary
- Legal executive
- Administrative officer or assistant in the Court’s Service
- Land agent
- Banks ( legal department )
- Legal assistant in insurance companies
- Legal assistant in any companies’ legal department